Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bulldogs...

Everyone needs a bulldog. I am sure of that. I have recently had a bulldog. Not in the furry, friendly companion type of way, but in a way that defends your honor and your character and your, well, person.

I have not had many defenders in my life, actually none that I can really remember. Yesterday I did. And it was great. Something was said about me - and without batting an eye, my bulldog delivered a tactful, power-packed, defense statement in my honor. Amazing.

I have had the privelege of being someone's bulldog before. It comes naturally for a real cause.

Today I was my son's bulldog as well as his classmate's. I was also my own bulldog today - something I am a bit uncomfortable doing because I question myself so much. But I have resolved to stop being afraid of what will happen. I am convinced if I do the right thing, that fear has no room to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment